Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by greatSM <bz...@ciber.com> on 2006/04/18 15:24:26 UTC

Cluster, two machines

Hi,
     How to make "Cluster" work for two machines? (v. 3.0-SNAPSHOT)
We are trying  to create "cluster" of brokers so that we can implement
cluster wide topic that are visible from any client connected to any of
these brokers. We would also like to acheive load balancing.
     The simple example in the README: Make "Cluster" work to move file from
one machine's Inbox to another machine's Outbox. (It works inside one
machine).
Thanks  -- greatSM
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Cluster, two machines

Posted by greatSM <bz...@ciber.com>.
Guillaume,
      Sorry, I didn't try multicast before. Now I can say it really works
after I tested just moment ago. But how to make "static" works, I mean
transfer files peer-to-peer. I updated file:
servicemix-3.0-SNAPSHOT\conf\activemq.xml in both nodes with

<networkConnector
uri="static://(tcp://localhost:61616,tcp://remotehost-ip:61616)"/>
instead of
<networkConnector uri="multicast://default"/>

Looks like this change is not enough, or was doing on wrong way.

Thank you very much for your any help.   --- greatSM

Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Cluster, two machines

Re: Cluster, two machines

Posted by greatSM <bz...@ciber.com>.
Guillaume,
     Thank you very much, It works also for 'static', I can say now after I
tried one more time.

Re: Cluster, two machines

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Do you have firewalls or something like that that could block
multicast on your network ?
Else you can take a look at the "wsnotification" demo (in latest
servicemix distribution) which uses tcp instead.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Cluster, two machines

Posted by greatSM <bz...@ciber.com>.
Guillaume,

Re: Cluster, two machines

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Just setting the flow name of the ServiceMix container to "jms"
effectively create a cluster, where all nodes will be auto discovered
and that will provide load-balancing ...

Not sure to understand what you mean about the "Cluster" example.  Do
you mean it does not work if used on two different computers ?