Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kevin Pearcey <ke...@amphora-research.com> on 2003/11/18 11:23:05 UTC

Creating another checkstyle target

How do I create an additional checkstyle target?

Currently it does not appear that checkstyle checks any of my test code
classes, I've pointed this out before but no one seems to care about the
quality of test code, just that the tests pass. In our projects we want to
produce all the usual checkstyle reports including coverage of the test
code, however we suspect that this will want a separate checkstyle
configuration as the rules will be slightly less strict.

Is this simple to achieve?

Cheers

Kevin Pearcey

Re: Creating another checkstyle target

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
If plugins use sourceDirectory instead of src.set, it's a bug.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

"John D Taylor (ROE)" <jd...@roe.ac.uk> wrote on 20/11/2003 02:53:54 AM:

> I wish I knew - I've been struggling with the same problem.  Many of the
> plugins only seem to process the src directory unfortunately - e.g.
javadoc
> & checkstyle.
> It's not a very satisfactory solution, but I've created a separate POM
which
> simply declares my test code to be the source code.  I know it's a bit
> clumsy, but you could factor out the common bits of the two POMs into a
POM