Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alexander Sack <pi...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/22 16:45:09 UTC

Javadoc plugin help

I'm trying to generate javadoc using maven instead of ant and nothing seems
to be working.  I have a project like so:

Project
pom
    Mod 1
    pom-mod1.xml
   Mod 2
   pom-mod2.xml
etc.

I just want to generate javadoc for Mod1.  Now I tried adding under a
<reporting> section the javadoc plugin defintion (artifact, group ,etc.) to
the global pom and the individual pom with no success.

When I run:

mvn javadoc:javadoc

It downloads the plugin, kickstarts velocity and nothing is generated.  What
else do I need to do to get this to work?  Consulting the Javadoc pages
didn't really give me any obvious answers.  Its claims there are no goals
for each module and claims it was skipping.  This must be something very
basic but I'm clueless rightnow.

Any help would come much appreciated,

-aps

--
"What lies behind us and what lies in front of us is of little concern to
what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: Javadoc plugin help

Posted by Alexander Sack <pi...@gmail.com>.
On a side note, 2.0.7 didn't fix it.

Man all I got in my POM is this:

<reporting>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </reporting>

And javadoc:javadoc does absolutely nothing.  Basically it starts Velocity
successfully and just quits.  Weirdness.

-aps

Re: Javadoc plugin help

Posted by Alexander Sack <pi...@gmail.com>.
Yeah Wayne.  Its not like my env is really that atypical.  The only issue is
I'm using 1.6.0_02 as my JDK and hence my javadoc.  I believe I am
using 2.3but let me make sure that's explicit.  I'm wondering if its
my POM
organization of the project but I've had zero issues with plugins (minus
native2ascii which has a nasty bug with respect to tools.jar - relies on the
Java vendor string to be Sun or something like that to pick it up which is
not right for all platforms).

This is very weird and unexpected.  The good news is mvn site does indeed
work so this SEEMS to me a mvn/plugin bug (based on that datapoint).

Re: Javadoc plugin help

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Javadoc plugin help

Posted by Alexander Sack <pi...@gmail.com>.