Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net> on 2012/11/16 06:53:23 UTC

SSVM and Internet Proxy on CS3.0.x and 4.0.x

In multiple versions of 3.0.x and 4.0 I would define the http proxy setting in Global Settings "secstorage.proxy" - but so far I haven't seen this to be functioning successfully. My infrastructure has internet access via proxy host at the moment.

My proxy host is open and does not require username and password. I define it like so http://myproxy.domain.com:3128

I tested my proxy on SSVM by defining it in shell via http_proxy env variable and was able to download the file via wget. However, it does not appear that CS passes the http_proxy variable to SSVM.

I've restarted CS services, removed and re-provisioned SSVM, and disables/enabled zone, pod and cluster - no luck so far.

What mechanism defines proxy and how would i check  that its set on SSVM properly?

I'm running CS4.0 build 140, and VmWare vSphere5.

Thank you
-ilya

RE: SSVM and Internet Proxy on CS3.0.x and 4.0.x

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.
The proxy information is send to ssvm along with download command. For each template downloading, mgt server will send a DownloadCommand to ssvm.
You can check mgt server log, or agent log(/usr/local/cloud/systemvm/cloud.log) inside ssvm, looking for DownloadCommand, and your proxy information.

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.

Author: Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>
Date:   Thu Jan 26 18:45:31 2012 -0800