Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Matthew Pocock <ma...@ncl.ac.uk> on 2005/06/06 18:48:22 UTC

bootclasspath jars

Hi,

I've got a maven project that builds a jar that must always appear in the
bootclasspath. It's a patch for java.nio, and there's now way to get stuff
working with it added to the normal classpath. Is there some way in the
project.xml file to indicate this so that whenever it appears as a
dependancy, it is included in bootclasspath rather than classpath? If not, is
this handled by m2?

Matthew

Re: bootclasspath jars

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
No, this is not a use case we've heard of before. In fact, in m2 we
don't always fork so it would not have an effect.

Perhaps the simplest thing to do is to install the dependency in jre/lib/ext?

- Brett