Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jai Kumar Aingh <fl...@flukebox.in> on 2012/11/25 15:28:21 UTC

Mapreduce job can not file HFileOutputFormat Class

Hi,
  I am trying bulk import feature of hbase via hadoop mapreduce job as
describe in here.
  http://hbase.apache.org/book/arch.bulk.load.html

I've my hadoop classpath as follows.
export HADOOP_CLASSPATH=`hadoop classpath`:`hbase classpath`

But when I am running a simple hadoop job using HFileOutputFormat to
produce HFile, Its failing
saying that It can not find HFileOutputFormat Class.

Here is the full error log.
http://pastebin.com/Mz2Cmbbp

I think I am missing  something here.

Please help me out.

Thanks & Regards,
Jai K Singh

Re: Mapreduce job can not file HFileOutputFormat Class

Posted by Alok Kumar <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Can you try passing your classpath jars with "-libjars" options in
bin/hadoop command.

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.20.2/commands_manual.html#Generic+Options

Regards,
Alok

--
Alok Kumar

Re: Mapreduce job can not file HFileOutputFormat Class

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Could you share your code? Are you sure you are utilizing the
addDependencyJars(…) as documented at
http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/TableMapReduceUtil.html#addDependencyJars(org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job)?

--
Harsh J

Re: Mapreduce job can not file HFileOutputFormat Class

Posted by Jai Kumar Singh <fl...@flukebox.in>.
sorry, pasted wrong log.