Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "D, Dwarakesh" <Dw...@xerox.com> on 2016/08/24 08:45:45 UTC

Getting Invalid byte tag in constant pool: 15 Error

Hello Team,

I am getting the below error while trying to run one of the application built and running on java1.8. In order to support below tomcat version and java8, do I need to upgrade any jars of Tomcat later version?
Please let me know.

Below are the details:

Java version --> jdk1.8.0_45
Tomcat Version--> tomcat-7.0.27
Error while deploying the application--> org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.ClassFormatException: Invalid byte tag in constant pool: 15

Thanks,
Dwarak

Re: Getting Invalid byte tag in constant pool: 15 Error

Posted by "Chandrashekar H.S" <sc...@kodiakptt.com>.
Add your application jars to catalina.properties file tomcat.util.scan.DefaultJarScanner.jarsToSkip section.

Regards,

Chandra

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 24/08/2016 09:45, D, Dwarakesh wrote:
> Hello Team,
>
> I am getting the below error while trying to run one of the application built and running on java1.8. In order to support below tomcat version and java8, do I need to upgrade any jars of Tomcat later version?

Yes, you need to update Tomcat. 7.0.27 predates the addition of Java 7
support that includes support for method handles (which is what constant
15 represents). You should update to the latest 7.0.x release.

Mark