Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Tobias Soloschenko <ts...@apache.org> on 2016/03/24 21:59:34 UTC

Re: webRTC wickedstuff question

Hi Dmitry,

I used SimpleWebRTC (https://simplewebrtc.com) to implement the video
conference and there are also some events that are handling file
transfers via data channel - have a look at
https://simplewebrtc.com/filetransfer

You have to check the version of SimpleWebRTC - there have been a lot of
updates since I implemented the Wicket integration, so we may need to
update the lib first.

If you want to send the file that has been transfered from one browser
to the others via the fileTransfer event back to the server you can make
a wicket ajax request. I implemented such a request in the summernote
editor:

https://github.com/l0rdn1kk0n/wicket-bootstrap/blob/master/bootstrap-extensions/src/main/java/de/agilecoders/wicket/extensions/markup/html/bootstrap/editor/js/summernote_init.js#L31

You need at least a signal server which is implemeted in nodejs and a
STUN server so that data transfers can be initiated from behind your NAT
- a documentation can be found here:

https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/wiki/Html5#webrtc-api-wicketstuff-700-m6

The example project of wicketstuff-html5 show you a demo:

https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/tree/master/wicket-html5-parent/wicket-html5-examples

kind regards

Tobias

Posted by Dmitriy - <di...@gmail.com>.
Hello Tobias,
I have a question about webRTC api.

The webRTC's standards doesn't specify any protocol for signalling purposes
as I can see here - Why is signaling not defined by WebRTC
<http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/webrtc/infrastructure/?redirect_from_locale=ru>
.

The wicket stuff webRTC's api force to use web-sockets and socket.io
library, and node.js, I haven't any question here. But, what if I want to
implement my own signal server on java?

I can read node.js server's code and I'm trying to hack the protocol via
console in chrome browser and the net sniffer - wireshark.
I receive some strange packets. One with "::1" message, second with "::5",
next with google stun address. I think Node.js hides some protocols details
from me.

Can you explain what protocol use the wicket stuff webRTC api for signal
server? And how can I use webRTC api for example create webRTC peer
connection, send offer, receive answer and etc?

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks a lot for clarifications Tobias :)
> I hope we will finally move to WebRTC :)
> I will ask for help and/or will provide patches :)
>
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 2:59 AM, Tobias Soloschenko <
> tsoloschenko@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dmitry,
>>
>> I used SimpleWebRTC (https://simplewebrtc.com) to implement the video
>> conference and there are also some events that are handling file transfers
>> via data channel - have a look at https://simplewebrtc.com/filetransfer
>>
>> You have to check the version of SimpleWebRTC - there have been a lot of
>> updates since I implemented the Wicket integration, so we may need to
>> update the lib first.
>>
>> If you want to send the file that has been transfered from one browser to
>> the others via the fileTransfer event back to the server you can make a
>> wicket ajax request. I implemented such a request in the summernote editor:
>>

>> https://github.com/l0rdn1kk0n/wicket-bootstrap/blob/master/bootstrap-extensions/src/main/java/de/agilecoders/wicket/extensions/markup/html/bootstrap/editor/js/summernote_init.js#L31
>>
>> You need at least a signal server which is implemeted in nodejs and a
>> STUN server so that data transfers can be initiated from behind your NAT -
>> a documentation can be found here:
>>

>> https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/wiki/Html5#webrtc-api-wicketstuff-700-m6
>>
>> The example project of wicketstuff-html5 show you a demo:
>>

>> https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/tree/master/wicket-html5-parent/wicket-html5-examples
>>
>> kind regards
>>
>> Tobias
>>
>> Am 24.03.16 um 17:01 schrieb Dmitriy -:
>>
>> Hello Tobias.
>> Thank for the library!
>>
>> I have a question about it.
>> I write server and want use webRTC datachannel.
>>
>> What exactly do I have to implement for using it?
>> I mean some protocols like a STUN/TURN/ICE or something else.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Dmitry Bezheckov.
>>

> --