Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Jason Kary <jk...@cisco.com> on 2002/08/28 00:01:45 UTC

Quick question... I think???

Hi,

This may be a dumb question, but I need to display HTML tag data INSIDE
a parent document.  I don't think there is anything wierd velocity would
be doing to a template, but I've been trying a number of different ways
of displaying this data and can't seem to get my browser to listen.
 Does anyone know how to display tag data inside an existing html document?

Here are some of the approaches I tried...

1) <pre> <TABLE> </pre>
2) <![[CDATA[ <TABLE> ]]>
3) <![[PCDATA[ <TABLE> ]]>

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Take Care
Jason Kary

Re: Quick question... I think???

Posted by Damian Gajda <dg...@ngo.pl>.
W liście z śro, 28-08-2002, godz. 00:01, Jason Kary pisze:
> Here are some of the approaches I tried...
>
> 1) <pre> <TABLE> </pre>
> 2) <![[CDATA[ <TABLE> ]]>
> 3) <![[PCDATA[ <TABLE> ]]>

There is an easy soultion for that. I use it all the time for debug
purposes.

<textarea>
</textarea>

If You don't get the desired font try this:

style="font-family: Courier, monospaced;"

Greetz,
--
Damian Gajda
Web Application Design and Consultancy

Re: Quick question... I think???

Posted by Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com>.
Jason,

First of all, what document object model are you using?  I use dom4j and can
help you out if that's also what you use.

Second, exactly what are you trying to do (since the document object itself
is an object that doesn't directly display)?

Regards,

Terry

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>