Posted to bsf-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Alexander Smirnoff <al...@sympatico.ca> on 2003/09/02 18:54:23 UTC

BSFEngine terminate

Hi guys,

To what extent BSF is supporting BSFEngine.terminate() method?

If I run infinite loop in script (in separate thread) and call terminate
method it does not seems to terminate (BenaShell and Jacl) the
script. In my understanding this should be provisioned on script
grammar level.

Am I right?

Thanks,
Alex.

Re: BSFEngine terminate

Posted by "Victor J. Orlikowski" <vi...@alumni.duke.edu>.
On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 12:54:23PM -0400, Alexander Smirnoff wrote:
> To what extent BSF is supporting BSFEngine.terminate() method?

To the extent supported by the underlying scripting engine.
All engines inherit the *rudimentary* implementation of
terminate() from BSFEngineImpl by default, which does nothing to
actually *stop* the language engine.

Engines must override terminate(), in order to truly do so.

HTH,
Victor
--
Victor J. Orlikowski <> victor.j.orlikowski@alumni.duke.edu