Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Horace Vallas <ha...@hav.com> on 2001/02/11 16:49:23 UTC

sorry - where is the techncal list?

sorry for the interruption, but I'm looking for the list to
which technical questions on tomcat (in particular) can be posed -
I see many of the names I would expect but, lately, this now seems
to be a list for discussions of organizational and infrastructure
issues and I just have (probably simple) questions on tomcat and
related items.

If this is the technical questions list (it is what I had watched
for a while), may I respsectfully suggest that a new list be formed
for organizational issues and such - I know these are important,
but they seem to be producing a lot of conversation and causing
technical questions to, sort of, get lost in the volume.

--
Wishing you an "OOBA OOBA" 21st Century (at last)
Horace                            ...once known as "Kicker" :-)

Thawte Web Of Trust Notary in SW Houston, Tx.
http://www.hav.com/?content=/thawteWOTnotary.htm
...drop by and chat if I'm online       http://www.hav.com/chat/
===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ====
What is a Vet? ... He is the barroom loudmouth, dumber than five
wooden planks, whose overgrown frat-boy behavior is outweighed a
hundred times in the cosmic scales by four hours of exquisite
bravery near the 38th parallel. ... - Unknown
                                      http://www.hav.com/vet.htm

Re: sorry - where is the techncal list?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
Horace Vallas wrote:

> sorry for the interruption, but I'm looking for the list to
> which technical questions on tomcat (in particular) can be posed -
> I see many of the names I would expect but, lately, this now seems
> to be a list for discussions of organizational and infrastructure
> issues and I just have (probably simple) questions on tomcat and
> related items.

You might consider the tomcat-user and tomcat-dev lists :

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html

read that, and follow the link at the bottom.

geir

> If this is the technical questions list (it is what I had watched
> for a while), may I respsectfully suggest that a new list be formed
> for organizational issues and such - I know these are important,
> but they seem to be producing a lot of conversation and causing
> technical questions to, sort of, get lost in the volume.
>
> --
> Wishing you an "OOBA OOBA" 21st Century (at last)
> Horace                            ...once known as "Kicker" :-)
> Horace Vallas   hav.Software                 http://www.hav.com/
>                 P.O. Box 354                         hav@hav.com
>                 Richmond, Tx. 77406-0354     voice: 281-341-5035
>                 USA                            fax: 281-341-5087
>
> Thawte Web Of Trust Notary in SW Houston, Tx.
> http://www.hav.com/?content=/thawteWOTnotary.htm
> ...drop by and chat if I'm online       http://www.hav.com/chat/
> ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ====
> What is a Vet? ... He is the barroom loudmouth, dumber than five
> wooden planks, whose overgrown frat-boy behavior is outweighed a
> hundred times in the cosmic scales by four hours of exquisite
> bravery near the 38th parallel. ... - Unknown
>                                       http://www.hav.com/vet.htm

Velocity : it's not just a good idea. It should be the law.
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity

Re: sorry - where is the techncal list?

Posted by Ted Husted <ne...@husted.com>.
Questions regarding how to use current releases of Tomcat should be
posted to the Tomcat-User list. This would include any type of question,
so long as it involves a released version of Tomcat.

Questions regarding the creation of future releases of Tomcat should be
posted to the Tomcat-Dev list.

See < http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html >

You may also registered new Bugs and Feature requests to Bugzilla

See < http://jakarta.apache.org/site/bugs.html >

This pattern holds for all Jakarta subprojects.

Horace Vallas wrote:

> sorry for the interruption, but I'm looking for the list to
> which technical questions on tomcat (in particular) can be posed -
> I see many of the names I would expect but, lately, this now seems
> to be a list for discussions of organizational and infrastructure
> issues and I just have (probably simple) questions on tomcat and
> related items.
>
> If this is the technical questions list (it is what I had watched
> for a while), may I respsectfully suggest that a new list be formed
> for organizational issues and such - I know these are important,
> but they seem to be producing a lot of conversation and causing
> technical questions to, sort of, get lost in the volume.
>
> --
> Wishing you an "OOBA OOBA" 21st Century (at last)
> Horace                            ...once known as "Kicker" :-)
> Horace Vallas   hav.Software                 http://www.hav.com/
>                 P.O. Box 354                         hav@hav.com
>                 Richmond, Tx. 77406-0354     voice: 281-341-5035
>                 USA                            fax: 281-341-5087
>
> Thawte Web Of Trust Notary in SW Houston, Tx.
> http://www.hav.com/?content=/thawteWOTnotary.htm
> ...drop by and chat if I'm online       http://www.hav.com/chat/
> What is a Vet? ... He is the barroom loudmouth, dumber than five
> wooden planks, whose overgrown frat-boy behavior is outweighed a
> hundred times in the cosmic scales by four hours of exquisite
> bravery near the 38th parallel. ... - Unknown
>                                       http://www.hav.com/vet.htm

Name: Husted / Struts

-- Tel 716 425-0252; Fax 716 223-2506.
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/