Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Farid Izem <fa...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/03 22:20:11 UTC

Accessing the webapps

Hi all,

I'm currently using Tomcat 5.0.28 On Linux.
I have a webapps which is myfirstwebapp
It is under $CATALINA_BASE/webapps.

When i use a web browser using http://localhost:8080/myfirstwebapp, it works
fine.
What i want to do is to change the URL to http://localhost:8080/myappwithout
changing the name of the webapps (ie $CATALINA_BASE/webapps/myfirstwebapp).

Is there someting i can put in the context file in
$CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/localhost/myfirstwebapp.xml ?

Many thanks for you help,

Kind Regards,

Farid.

Re: Accessing the webapps

Posted by Alex Jalali <al...@ubudesign.com>.
If I understand you correctly, then you need to set this property of context

<Context name="root" path="" docBase="myfirstwebapp"