Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Mark Weitzel <we...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/30 14:33:32 UTC

osapi & oauth popup

Greetings...

At one point during the last spec cycle, we looked at deprecating
makeRequest in favor of osapi. However, someone mentioned that osapi does
not work with the oauth popup. I could not remember the details and was
wondering if anyone knew exactly what the issue is. Matt M and I were
talking and his team is starting to look at OAuth 2.0. We think it would
make sense to try and get this fixed at the same time so we are looking for
more details.

Anyone got any additional info before we go spelunking?
Thanks!

-Mark W.

Re: [osgs] osapi & oauth popup

Posted by Bastian Hofmann <ba...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

I think the problem (or one of the problems) was, that, after the
OAuth Authorization callback came back to Shindig, Shindig sets:

window.opener.gadgets.io.oauthReceivedCallbackUrl_ = document.location.href;

In the OAuth Popup. Because of this the callback URL that includes the
verifier will be send to Shindig the next time a
gadgets.io.makeRequest call is done and Shindig can retrieve the
access token and do the actual API request.

There may be other such dependencies which are not implemented in
osapi.http as well.

-- Bastian