Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kristina Smith <ma...@aol.com> on 2015/08/02 07:39:38 UTC

I just really wanted to say thank you.

Dear Apache,

I recently downloaded your open office service, and I was compelled to send your company a message. I don't want to waste your time with my sob story, but I'd like you to know what an impact this program had on me and people like me.

In early february I lost my job. Due to the economy, it's been very hard for me to find work. If it weren't for my inlaws, my husband and I would be homeless. I've recently stooped to selling plasma to cover insurance payments.

One thing that's helped me through it all is writing. I've loved to write little stories, ever since I was a kid. So you can imagine how upset I was when I upgraded my five-year-old systems to Microsoft 10 and found that my Word program had been completely deleted. I could only open my writing on wordpad, which really isn't any place to write more than notes.

I almost broke down crying until a friend recommended your system. Here I thought I wasn't going to be able to write anymore because I couldn't spend a hundred dollars or so on a new office product. Your office system is just as good, if not better, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

I wish I could thank you guys more, but I had to let you know you brightened my day quite a bit. Thank you, and, again, thank you so much!

With sincerest regards-

Kristina Smith

Re: I just really wanted to say thank you.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Hi Kristina,

thank you very much for your kind words. We are always happy when we see
that our product is helpful for people's work. And especially when it is
more than just helpful - like in your case.

We hope that you will be successful with your stories and wish you all
the best.

Keep on writing. :-)

Marcus