Posted to users@maven.apache.org by srinivas ramgopal <sk...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/12 18:04:15 UTC

maven release:perform error finding maven-javadoc-plugin

Hi all,

I am new to Maven.

I am using profiles and trying to do maven release.
The release:prepare works fine but fails at release:perform saying that
'Error getting POM for 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin' from
Error getting POM for 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin.

I wonder if anyone is facing this problem.

Thanks a bunch in advance for your valuable input.

I ran as follows:
mvn -e -P<profile-name> release:perform

The error trace is as follows:

[INFO] [release:perform]
[INFO] Checking out the project to perform the release ...
[INFO] Checkout working directory: <path>target\checkout
[INFO] Executing: p4 client -i
[INFO] Executing: p4 client -d <xxxxxxx>MavenSCM-<path>\target
\checkout
[INFO] Executing: mvn deploy site-deploy --no-plugin-updates -P
<profile-name> -DperformRelease=true
    [INFO] Scanning for projects...
    [INFO]
    [INFO] Building Maven Default Project
    [INFO]    task-segment: [deploy, site-deploy]
    [INFO]
    [INFO]
    [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
    [INFO]

    Project ID: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin

    Reason: Error getting POM for
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin' from the repository: Failed
to resolve
 artifact, possibly due to a repository list that is not appropriately
equipped for this artifact's metadata.
      org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:pom:2.3-SNAPSHOT

    from the specified remote repositories:
      central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

    [INFO]
    [INFO]
    [INFO] Total time: 1 second
    [INFO] Finished at: Tue Jun 12 09:51:31 MDT 2007
    [INFO] Final Memory: 3M/6M
    [INFO]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error executing Maven: Maven execution failed, exit code: '1'

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error executing
Maven: Maven execution failed, exit code: '1'
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:564)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:493)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:463)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.jav
a:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:224)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:330)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:123)
        at
        at
        at
        at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error executing
Maven: Maven execution failed, exit code: '1'

        at
org.apache.maven.plugins.release.PerformReleaseMojo.execute(PerformReleaseMojo.java:95)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:420)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
        ... 16 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugins.release.ReleaseExecutionException: Error
executing Maven: Maven execution failed, ex
it code: '1'
        at
org.apache.maven.plugins.release.DefaultReleaseManager.perform(DefaultReleaseManager.java:250)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugins.release.PerformReleaseMojo.execute(PerformReleaseMojo.java:91)
        ... 18 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugins.release.exec.MavenExecutorException:
Maven execution failed, exit code: '1'
        at
org.apache.maven.plugins.release.exec.ForkedMavenExecutor.executeGoals(ForkedMavenExecutor.java:95)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugins.release.DefaultReleaseManager.perform(DefaultReleaseManager.java:245)
        ... 19 more

Re: maven release:perform error finding maven-javadoc-plugin

Posted by srinivas ramgopal <sk...@yahoo.com>.
Did any one face this maven release related issue....my maven release process
is currently dead in the water.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by srinivas ramgopal <sk...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Thorsten Heit <th...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

> Thank you for the reply.
>
> But I do not have reference to it in any of the other pom files of my
> application.
>
> In case there is an implicit reference- how would I identify it?

Have you tried "mvn -e -X ..."? Perhaps this will already give you the answer where the snapshot version is referenced...

> If identified, how can I force it use the correct version?

You can configure the plugin version to use in your pom.xml. Example:

<build>
  <pluginManagement>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <version>2.2</version>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>attach-source</id>
            <goals>
              <goal>jar</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </pluginManagement>
</build>

HTH

Thorsten

Re: maven release:perform error finding maven-javadoc-plugin

Posted by srinivas ramgopal <sk...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you for the reply.

But I do not have reference to it in any of the other pom files of my
application.

In case there is an implicit reference- how would I identify it?
If identified, how can I force it use the correct version?

Your input is highly appreciated.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Posted by srinivas ramgopal <sk...@yahoo.com>.
Hi all,

More information on what I did in pom file:
I added the maven release plugin entry.

Do I need to add anything more to the pom file for the maven release:
perform to work???

Thanks in advance.