Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2002/05/10 11:22:50 UTC

release version numbering

I've written up a document for how the APR projects' version numbering will
be handled (based on discussions from last year within the APR mailing
list), and I'm going to suggest that Subversion handles it exactly the same.
Please review the document at:

    http://apr.apache.org/versioning.html

Comments welcome: on the doc itself, and on SVN using the same model.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: release version numbering

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
+1, for both APR and Subversion

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 08:48:59AM -0500, cmpilato@collab.net wrote:
> Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> writes:
>
> > I've written up a document for how the APR projects' version numbering will
> > be handled (based on discussions from last year within the APR mailing
> > list), and I'm going to suggest that Subversion handles it exactly the same.
> > Please review the document at:
> >
> >     http://apr.apache.org/versioning.html
> >
> > Comments welcome: on the doc itself, and on SVN using the same model.
>
> Oh.  Minor bug.  Your link to "Strategy" is referencing the
> non-existent (typo'd) bookmark 'stategy'.  :-)

Ah, thanks!  Fixed.

Cheers,
-g

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.

Posted by cm...@collab.net.

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
+1

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> writes:
> You'll note down in the "Other Notes" area that I defined the versioning
> document to live at a canonical URL for exactly this reason :-)

I did indeed :-).

Re: release version numbering

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 03:29:51PM -0500, Karl Fogel wrote:
> +1 on both.  Very clear doc, btw!

Cool, thanks.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
+1

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net>.
THANKS!  This is actually very close to what I was thinking, I have one
small addition about removing deprecated functions.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom                  rbb@covalent.net
645 Howard St.              rbb@apache.org
San Francisco, CA