Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by bbarani <bb...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/16 23:19:41 UTC

How to implement Index time boost via DIH?

Hi,

I am trying to implement index time boost via DIH. but I want to boost at
field level rather than document level. Ex:

Consider there are 2 fields in a document: LastUpdatedBy, fullName. After
indexing both the fields, I am copying the data from both the field in to a
default search field. Now when search happens on default search field I want
fullNameto get more priority than LastUpdatedBy even though both might have
the search keyword.

Note: I have tried dismax handler before for runtime boosting, want to try
index time boosing using DIH.

Thanks!!!

Thanks,
BB

Re: How to implement Index time boost via DIH?

Posted by Jienan Duan <jn...@gmail.com>.
Hi
Why don't you do this at the searching time?ex:
q=fullName:foo+lastUpdatedBy:bar&qf=fullName^2+lastUpdatedBy^0.5

2012/8/17 bbarani <bb...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to implement index time boost via DIH. but I want to boost at
> field level rather than document level. Ex:
>
> Consider there are 2 fields in a document: LastUpdatedBy, fullName. After
> indexing both the fields, I am copying the data from both the field in to a
> default search field. Now when search happens on default search field I
> want
> fullNameto get more priority than LastUpdatedBy even though both might have
> the search keyword.
>
> Note: I have tried dismax handler before for runtime boosting, want to try
> index time boosing using DIH.
>
> Thanks!!!
>
> Thanks,
> BB