Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2022/03/14 13:25:56 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.17.0 release (take #2)

Hi everyone,

this vote passed with the following result:

+1 (binding): Chris Shannon, Tim Bish, JB Onofré, Clebert Suconic
+1 (non binding): Robbie Gemmell, WBD, Matt Pavlovich

I'm promoting the artifacts on Maven Central and dist.apache.org.

Then, I will prepare two PRs updates for the website:
1. announcement (download links, javadoc update, etc)
2. quick "update guide" listing major changes between ActiveMQ 5.16.x and
5.17.x (JDK, Spring, ...) and introducing target roadmap for ActiveMQ 5.18.x

Once the website is up to date, I will send the announcement email.

These tasks will probably need a day or so.

Thanks all for your vote !

Regards
JB

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.17.0 release (take #2)

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Leaving latest at 'apidocs' and having e.g '5.16.x' seems simple. I
see no point putting 5.15.x up at this point personally.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Robbie,

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
+1

Justin

Re: Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.17.0 release (take #2)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Just to be clear: just remove this from your activemq.xml:

   <!-- Allows accessing the server log -->
    <bean id="logQuery" class="io.fabric8.insight.log.log4j.Log4jLogQuery"
          lazy-init="false" scope="singleton"
          init-method="start" destroy-method="stop">
    </bean>

You can see the change here:
https://github.com/apache/activemq/commit/472dcf84979f063a375e5413d794e56117e52a9f

Regards
JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
You should use the users list for such questions, generally starting a
new thread and describing stuff like what changes if any you made to
the config.

I'm not familiar with these bits but there was a 'insight-log4j'
dependency that was removed in 5.17.0 as part of the changes to use
Log4J 2, I would assume that will be related.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi again ;)