Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "marian.steinbach" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/24 17:51:07 UTC

Showcase: Facetted Search for Wine using Solr

Hello everybody!

The purpose of this mail is to say "thank you" to the creators of Solr
and to the community that supports it.

We released our first project using Solr several weeks ago, after
having tested Solr for several months.

The project I'm talking about is a product search for an online wine
shop (sorry, german user interface only):

   http://www.koelner-weinkeller.de/index.php?id=sortiment

Our client offers about 3000 different wines and other related products.

Before we introduced Solr, the products have been searched via
complicated and slow SQL statements, with all kinds problems related
to that. No full text indexing, no stemming etc.

We are happy to make use of several built-in features which solve
problems that bugged us: Facetted search, german accents and stemming
and synonyms beeing the most important ones.

The surrounding website is TYPO3 driven. We integrated Solr by
creating our own frontend plugin which talks to the Solr webservice
(and we're very happy about the PHP output type!).

I'd be glad about your comments.

Cheers,

Marian

Re: Showcase: Facetted Search for Wine using Solr

Posted by Marian Steinbach <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Olivier Dobberkau
<ol...@dkd.de> wrote:

> hi marian.
> our extension will be able to do see also once we have set up the indexing
> queue for the typo3 backend.
> we have a concept called typo3 extensions connectors so that you will be
> able to add index documents to your index.
> feel free to contact ingo about the contribution possibililies in our solr
> project.
> if you use open source software you shoud definitly contribute. this gives
> you great karma.
> or as we at typo3 say. inspire people to share!
>
> olivier

Hi Olivier!

I am not at all worried about my karma. (I guess I should by now...)

But what worries me is that we won't be able to release a piece of
quality software to the community. That might be worse.

Anyway, keep up the work with your Solr integration! Sounds really promising.

Posted by Olivier Dobberkau <ol...@dkd.de>.

Posted by Marian Steinbach <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
Have you seen this? It is another Solr/Typeo3 integration project.

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-solr

Would you consider open-sourcing your Solr/Typo3 integration?

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: Showcase: Facetted Search for Wine using Solr

Posted by Marian Steinbach <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Grant!

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Hi Marian,