Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Tomasz Zięba <t....@gmail.com> on 2014/03/25 15:20:23 UTC

role of HA-Worker

Hello,

Could someone explain to me what is the role of HA-Worker thread
in CloudStack ?

The number of threads is set in the global settings:
ha.workers Number of hectares of worker threads. 5

According to me, HA-Worker thread has a bug in the implementation that
causes uncontrolled stopping virtual machines. (CLOUDSTACK-6036).

Which ACS functionality will be lost when the option ha.workers we set to
0?

Tomasz Zięba
Twitter: @TZieba
LinkedIn: pl.linkedin.com/pub/tomasz-zięba-ph-d/3b/7a8/ab6/<http://pl.linkedin.com/pub/tomasz-zi%C4%99ba-ph-d/3b/7a8/ab6/>

Re: role of HA-Worker

Posted by Kelven Yang <ke...@citrix.com>.
HA-Workers are pool of threads to execute "HA" related tasks, I quoted
"HA" is that not all these tasks are purely issued from HA, since some
operations like putting a host into maintenance mode also use the facility.

ha.workers configures the size of the thread pool. If you set it to 0, you
will have consequences that no worker will help you finish operations like
"Put a host into maintenance" and of course no HA attempt at all.

CLOUDSTACK-6036 is caused by the VM state-sync actions, the decision from
the sync process uses HA worker to perform these harmful actions.
CloudStack 4.4 will address these issues.

Kelven

Re: role of HA-Worker

Posted by Kelven Yang <ke...@citrix.com>.