Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tom Bednarz <li...@bednarz.ch> on 2002/03/01 12:39:27 UTC

Re: Usage of Action Tokens - preventing application 'damage' by impatient users

Brad,

> You can prevent multiple submits in the client side using JavaScript.
Below
> is some code that you can see in action at

I do NOT want do it in JavaScript on the client side. JavaScript may be
turned off or not supported by a browser. So anything written in JavaScript
is very browser dependent and therfore unreliable for my system.

It must be possible to do it on the server side with action tokens. I simply
do not understand when to use:

generateToken() or saveToken().

Somehow I am missing a method like String getToken() to retrieve it from the
session and compare it with what I have stored in the request.

Can anybody help please?

Many thanks

Thomas