Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Hensley, Richard" <Ri...@McKesson.com> on 2004/03/09 23:39:41 UTC

A suggestion for the Maven Site

While I've been learning Maven, I've been keeping notes about what learning
curve obstacles I've encountered. So far, the biggest learning obstacle the
basic building blocks of Maven, and then finding the documentation that
leads me in the right direction.

To help with the first problem, I had to wait until "it's all Jelly and
plugin's" light bulb went on. Once I figured that out, it would have helped
if there were a link to the tag documentation along with the plugin link in
the reference section of the Maven site.

I would imagine that the Tag Documentation link would show a page that links
to the Maven specific tags, and to the tags that are part of Jelly.

In using Maven, I find myself linking to these places most often:

http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html
http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/index.html
http://maven.apache.org/tags.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jelly/tags.html