Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Greg Hill <gr...@RACKSPACE.COM> on 2014/07/18 20:43:01 UTC

new error

I was revisiting my Ambari API testing with the most recent changes and the code that worked a few weeks ago no longer is.  Apparently the way that is shown in the docs to define the nagios_contact no longer works.

I sent this in my blueprint:

"configurations": [
        {
            "global" : {
                "nagios_contact" : "greg.hill@rackspace.com"
            }
        }
    ],

But when I attempt to create that blueprint, I get a 400 error with the following message:

Required configurations are missing from the specified host groups: {gateway={nagios-env=[nagios_contact]}}

('gateway' is the name of one of my host_groups).  This error did not occur as of the latest code 3-4 weeks ago.  What do I need to be doing differently?

Greg

Re: new error

Posted by Jeff Sposetti <je...@hortonworks.com>.
There is work underway in trunk (to be delivered in Ambari 1.7.0) that will
migrate the "global" config-type to "-env.sh" config-type for each service.

The idea is before 1.7.0 ships, Ambari maintains "global" for backwards
compat (that's not there yet, but the -env work has begun), and then
removes support for "global" completely in a future release.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: new error

Posted by Greg Hill <gr...@RACKSPACE.COM>.

From: Greg <gr...@rackspace.com>>
Date: Friday, July 18, 2014 1:43 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<ma...@ambari.apache.org>" <us...@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: new error

I was revisiting my Ambari API testing with the most recent changes and the code that worked a few weeks ago no longer is.  Apparently the way that is shown in the docs to define the nagios_contact no longer works.

I sent this in my blueprint:

"configurations": [
        {
            "global" : {