Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by James Berry <jb...@apache.org> on 2008/03/07 02:38:48 UTC

make distclean fails if no icu tools are not available

Sorry I haven't had time to write up a bug report for this yet:

	make distclean fails if the icu tools aren't available, since /bin/
pkgdata isn't available.

We shouldn't even be invoking the icu Makefile for distclean if icu
isn't selected:

 > make distclean
Making distclean in src
Making distclean in xercesc/util/MsgLoaders/MsgCatalog
rm ../../../../../src/.libs/XercesMessages_en_US.cat
rm: ../../../../../src/.libs/XercesMessages_en_US.cat: No such file or
directory
make[2]: [distclean] Error 1 (ignored)
Making distclean in xercesc/util/MsgLoaders/ICU/resources rm -f
xercesc_messages.lo /bin/pkgdata --name xercesc_messages_3_0 --mode
dll --clean -d . -M '"CC=gcc" "CXX=g++" "AR=ar" "RANLIB=ranlib"
"CPPFLAGS=" "CXXFLAGS=-arch i386 -arch x86_64 -arch ppc -arch ppc64 -
D_THREAD_SAFE " "LDFLAGS="' ./res-file-list.txt
make[2]: /bin/pkgdata: Command not found
make[2]: *** [distclean] Error 127
make[1]: *** [distclean-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [distclean-recursive] Error 1

James

Re: make distclean fails if no icu tools are not available

Posted by Boris Kolpackov <bo...@codesynthesis.com>.
Hi James,

James Berry <jb...@apache.org> writes:

> 	make distclean fails if the icu tools aren't available, since /bin/
> pkgdata isn't available.
>
> We shouldn't even be invoking the icu Makefile for distclean if icu
> isn't selected:

When the distclean target is built, all sub-makefiles are invoked by
automake, regardless of whether they are used during the build. This
is to ensure that there is no junk left laying around. I've fixed this
by re-implementing distclean not to use pkgdata.

Boris

--
Boris Kolpackov, Code Synthesis Tools
Open source XML data binding for C++:   http://codesynthesis.com/products/xsd