Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jérôme Lacoste <je...@smartcardsystem.com> on 2001/07/05 18:28:29 UTC

Patches/submissions tracking & release schedule for 1.4

2 points in this mail

** I remember a mail regarding the queuing of submissions. I know that this
is done informally, but it would be nice if the submissions could be added
to a queue so that we could see the state of them.
If I say that it is because I submitted the Attr task some weeks ago and it
seems not to be in the main.
Not that I think that the task is great, but it would be interesting to know
what's going on :)
SourceForge is doing Patch tracking, and I think that's good.
A simple implementation could be to do it by emailing to the Ant-dev list
(copying to the submitter) on submission state change. E.g. new, accepted,
reviewed, refused, merged....

** It has been said many times that there have been many changes in Ant 1.3
nightly compared to 1.3. As there is not yet any deadline for 1.4, isn't
that disturbing?

I know, I just ask questions, and do not solve them. I am also grateful to
the maintainers for doing such a great job.

Jerome

Re: Patches/submissions tracking & release schedule for 1.4

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Fri,  6 Jul 2001 02:28, Jérôme Lacoste wrote:
> 2 points in this mail
>
> ** I remember a mail regarding the queuing of submissions. I know that this
> is done informally, but it would be nice if the submissions could be added
> to a queue so that we could see the state of them.
> If I say that it is because I submitted the Attr task some weeks ago and it
> seems not to be in the main.
> Not that I think that the task is great, but it would be interesting to
> know what's going on :)
> SourceForge is doing Patch tracking, and I think that's good.
> A simple implementation could be to do it by emailing to the Ant-dev list
> (copying to the submitter) on submission state change. E.g. new, accepted,
> reviewed, refused, merged....

It is a good idea, suggested in past but no one has actually implemented it
yet ;)

> ** It has been said many times that there have been many changes in Ant 1.3
> nightly compared to 1.3. As there is not yet any deadline for 1.4, isn't
> that disturbing?

Releases get done when somone volunteers to be a Release Manager. Until then
there is the nightly builds that anyone can pick up.

Cheers,

Pete

RE: Patches/submissions tracking & release schedule for 1.4

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.

You can submit patches as enhancements or bug fixes to bugzilla. In fact
that makes it easier for me to track them and committers can sign up for the
patch.

> If I say that it is because I submitted the Attr task some weeks
> ago and it
> seems not to be in the main.
> Not that I think that the task is great, but it would be
> interesting to know
> what's going on :)
> SourceForge is doing Patch tracking, and I think that's good.
> A simple implementation could be to do it by emailing to the Ant-dev list
> (copying to the submitter) on submission state change. E.g. new, accepted,
> reviewed, refused, merged....

Bugzilla will do that, emailing the submitter and the assignee. I think that
should be OK. For the immediate future I will be focussing on resolving
outstanding issues on bugzilla.

> ** It has been said many times that there have been many changes
> in Ant 1.3
> nightly compared to 1.3. As there is not yet any deadline for 1.4, isn't
> that disturbing?

No, why would it be? :-)

Thanks
Conor