Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2013/07/26 18:07:49 UTC

Yet another showstopper? (was Re: IList inteface)

This simple question caused me to go look:  This change to Ilist may have
broken mx.data.DataList in LCDS/ADEP/DataServices.  Has anyone compiled an
app that uses LCDS and DataList with 4.10?  Someone was getting a verify
error in what appeared to be the class initializer but managed to get it
to go away, but I just realized that maybe there is a valid verifier error
because mx.data.DataList implements Ilist but does not have the new
removeItem method.  My computer is still tied up running the resource
module tests.  I will try it later unless someone beats me to it.

-Alex

Re: Yet another showstopper? (was Re: IList inteface)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
And confirmed.  The change to Ilist is compatible with LCDS.  I don't
think we want to ask LCDS customers to monkey-patch mx.data.DataList.

Plus reports are that more folks than expected have custom Ilists and will
have to add removeItem stubs or methods.

I think we should revert this change to Ilist.  It can stay in
ListCollectionView.  This is an example of the backward-compatibility
consequences of changing interfaces.

-Alex