Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2008/03/13 06:57:40 UTC

Re: Preparing Test Data for OFBiz JUnit Tests

1. tests SHOULD use the demo data; it is there for demonstration and
testing, and not using it would make various test scenarios more
complicated, and also introduce more dependencies between test cases
(as data that could be simply used would also have to be prepared)

2. please don't use the ext-test data file group; all of the ext* file
groups are meant to be used by components added onto OFBiz, and not by
anything in OFBiz itself; generally the best place for this is in the
"demo" file group, as then the data can be used for manual testing and
demonstration in addition to automated tests

-David

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
In such case be sure that your default delegator use the same datasource than the test delegator.

Jacques

From: "David E Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
The point is that there is no reason to separate the demo and test
data, and there are lots of reasons for combining them. Data that we
use for demonstration and manual tests is just as good for automated
tests, and for the most part the reverse is true (data good for
automated tests is also good for demonstration and manual tests).

-David

Posted by Mridul Pathak <mr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.