Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Rout, Biswajit" <bi...@hp.com> on 2012/04/18 07:59:05 UTC

Request is not coming into my action method from the Extjs

Hello All,
We are doing one development activity based on Struts 2 + Spring 3 + Spring JDBC Template + Extjs 4.1
I want my Combo box to be getting populated with dynamic data fetched from the DB. However when I am running, I can see it is not at all entering into my action method (Not even printing the SOP in the WLS console).
I am assuming something wrong in my struts.xml or in the js file.

Please find the list of files

admin.js that is Extjs 4.1 technology (only combo box part code)
        Ext.define('MyNamespace.StoreModel', {
                extend: 'Ext.data.Model',
                fields: [
                         {name:'tablename'},
                         {name:'displayName'}]
        });

        var crudComboStore = Ext.create('Ext.data.Store', {
                model: 'MyNamespace.StoreModel',
                proxy : {
                        type :'ajax',
                        url  : 'http://localhost:7001/3pd/adminProcess.action',
                        reader : {
                        type : 'json',
                        root : 'crudData'
                    }
                }
        });
        crudComboStore.load();

Struts.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE struts PUBLIC
    "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 2.0//EN"
    "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-2.0.dtd">
<struts>
        <constant name="struts.enable.DynamicMethodInvocation" value="false" />
        <constant name="struts.devMode" value="false" />

        <package name="default" namespace="/" extends="struts-default">

                <action name="adminForm">
                        <result>admin/admin.jsp</result>
                </action>

                <action name="adminProcess" method="getMasterTableList"
                        class="com.xx.xxx.admin.action.AdminAction">

                        <result name="input">admin/admin.jsp</result>
                        <result name="error">admin/admin.jsp</result>
                        <result name="success">admin/success.jsp</result>
                </action>
        </package>
</struts>

Action method
        public String getMasterTableList() {
                System.out.println("AdminAction.getMasterTableList @@@@@");

                List<CRUDSVO> objCRUDTableList = null;
                Iterator<CRUDSVO> objItr = null;
                CRUDSVO objCRUDSVO = null;
                Map<String, String> interfaceObject = null;
                List<Map<String, String>> interfaceArray = new ArrayList<Map<String, String>>();
                Map<String, List<Map<String, String>>> finalInterfaceObject = new HashMap<String, List<Map<String, String>>>();

                try {
                        HttpServletResponse response = ServletActionContext.getResponse();
                        objCRUDTableList = adminBo.getCRUDTableList();
                        objItr = objCRUDTableList.iterator();
                        while (objItr.hasNext()) {
                                objCRUDSVO = null;
                                objCRUDSVO = objItr.next();
                                interfaceObject = new HashMap<String, String>();
                                interfaceObject.put(AdminConstants.TABLE_NAME, objCRUDSVO.getTableName());
                                interfaceObject.put(AdminConstants.DISPLAY_NAME, objCRUDSVO.gettableDisplayName());
                                interfaceArray.add(interfaceObject);
                        }
                        finalInterfaceObject.put(AdminConstants.CRUD_DATA, interfaceArray);
                        response.getWriter().write(finalInterfaceObject.toString());
                } catch (IOException e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();
                }
                return SUCCESS;
        }

Thanks in advance for guiding me.

Best regards,
Biswajit
Planned Vacation : From 2-July-2012 to 6-July-2012

Re: Request is not coming into my action method from the Extjs

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>.
What happen if you call directly to
http://localhost:7001/3pd/adminProcess.action?
also, ensure that you are not violate the same origin police

Sent from my mobile device, so please excuse typos and brevity.

Maurizio Cucchiara

Posted by "Rout, Biswajit" <bi...@hp.com>.
Hi,
If I am calling http://localhost:7001/3pd/adminProcess.action directly in the browser, then also my method is not called.