Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jean-Christophe Kermagoret <jc...@babelobjects.com> on 2005/09/15 10:38:35 UTC

E-CRUD interest ?

Hello,
I followed the "Re: [CForms] Instantiating and showing form outsite of
javaflow" with a lot of interest.

I followed the way Ralph and footh did (with describing finally a state
diagram), it works well and is very configurable trough xml
configuration file. The problem is that even this is a very repetitive task.

It's a problem I (and some others) call the CRUD problem.

I'm writing an E-CRUD (CRUD + other features like Search, Sort,
Paginate, Report) design pattern to answer globally this problem. A
generic solution for form generation and processing are as well solved.

I'm writing a wiki on this at this moment. It's just a start but I think
to finish at the beginning of the next week.

If this interests people, I may try to explain things a little deeper
and make an archive with real code (and why not a real app).

Are there people interested ?

Jean-Christophe
--

BlueXML
Jean-Christophe Kermagoret

Re: E-CRUD interest ?

Posted by Thomas Lutz <ma...@gmx.at>.
Very interested :-) !

I tried to solve this repetitive tasks with intensive usage of metadata
information... basically everything is "configured" with metadata from
the database. So I only have on JavaFlow form handling function... which
is of course a rather complicated one, but does the job in about 100 lines.

Rest of the CRUD tasks is handled by some generic view and detail
templates...

So I am very interested on how the others adress this problem... let us
know when the wiki is done, maybe it makes sense to add some of my
solutions...

regards,
tom