Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Steven White <sw...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/09 20:33:43 UTC

Which solrconfig.xml and schema file should I start with?

Hi everyone,

There are multiple copies with each a bit different of the
files solrconfig.xml and the various schema files.  Should I be using
what's under \solr-8.5.1\server\solr\configsets\_default\conf as my
foundation to build on?

Thanks

Steve

Re: Which solrconfig.xml and schema file should I start with?

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Choose whichever example is closest to what you want to do. Then strip it down removing everything you don’t use. Note that _default configset has schema guessing enabled which you don’t want in production.

Jan Høydahl