Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Amit Kumar <am...@msn.com> on 2015/04/09 13:35:26 UTC

Not able to run more than one map task

Hi All,
We recently started working on Hadoop. We have setup the hadoop in pseduo distribution mode along with oozie.
Every developer has set it up on his laptop. The problem is that we are not able to run more than one map task concurrently on our laptops. Resource manager is not allowing more than one task on our machine.
My task gets completed if I submit it without Oozie. Oozie requires one map task for its own functioning. Actual task that oozie submit does not start.
Here is my configuration
-- Hadoop setup in Pseudo distribution mode -- Hadoop Version - 2.6-- Oozie Version - 4.0.1
Regards,Amit

Re: Not able to run more than one map task

Posted by Drake민영근 <dr...@nexr.com>.
Hi, Amit.

Test these:
Increase "yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb" beyond 8192. That's ok for
testing. And decrease "mapreduce.map.memory.mb" to 256 and add
"yarn.nodemanager.vmem-check-enabled" to "false" in yarn-site.xml.

Thanks.

Drake 민영근 Ph.D
kt NexR

Posted by Drake민영근 <dr...@nexr.com>.
Hi, Amit.

Posted by Drake민영근 <dr...@nexr.com>.
Hi, Amit.

Posted by Drake민영근 <dr...@nexr.com>.
Hi, Amit.

Posted by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>.

Posted by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>.

Posted by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>.

Posted by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>.

Posted by Amit Kumar <am...@msn.com>.

Posted by Amit Kumar <am...@msn.com>.

Posted by Amit Kumar <am...@msn.com>.

Posted by Amit Kumar <am...@msn.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Not able to run more than one map task

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Not able to run more than one map task

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Not able to run more than one map task

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J