Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Gregg Bolinger <gd...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/10 23:07:19 UTC

regular expression validator

I am having a problem getting the regular expression validator to work
correctly.  I have the following in my JSP

<h:inputText id="empId" required="true"
value="#{employeeSearch.empId}" styleClass="textbox"
binding="#{employeeSearch.empIdText}" >
    <f:validateLength minimum="4" maximum="5"/>
    <x:validateRegExpr pattern="\\d"/>
</h:inputText>

When I submit my form after entering 1234 in my textfield, I get the
message "empId": Value is not valid.  Am I doing something wrong?  I
need to allow only digits and no a-z.
--
Gregg Bolinger