Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Shahbaz Memon <m....@fz-juelich.de> on 2013/08/28 16:30:31 UTC

Gateway portal - Airavata client integration

Hi Devs,

Consider a scenario of a science gateway portal that is already using Airavata to submit remote jobs. Supposedly Airavata (GFac) introduces a new provider say middleware A and the gateway portal decides to use that provider, does this portal require any changes in their client code (used to talk to Airavata)? or will it work without any changes as Airavata abstracts provider related details? how do you deal with provider specific resource and security requirements?

Thanks.

Shahbaz

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt

Das Forschungszentrum oeffnet seine Tueren am Sonntag, 29. September, von 10:00 bis 17:00 Uhr: http://www.tagderneugier.de

Re: Gateway portal - Airavata client integration

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
On Aug 29, 2013, at 9:32 AM, Shahbaz Memon <m....@fz-juelich.de> wrote:

> I am more concerned about the user acceptance testing on Airavata. Is there any architectural element physically available for that purpose?

I am not sure I fully followed your question. My way of looking at Airavata users are portal and gateway developers. So if we are targeting end users who use computational resources, I wonder if it is out of scope for Airavata. Airavata by design is a gateway framework and good way to judge will be well documented API's (as of now this is the weakest point, since the project was so much focusing on the framework itself). If end users are looking for CLI's, I think they will be disappointed since its not targeted for them. There needs to be a layer in front of Airavata which converts the generic functionality of Airavata into user friendly actions.

Does this answer your question?

Suresh

Posted by Shahbaz Memon <m....@fz-juelich.de>.

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.