Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Andrei Svirida <an...@midray.com> on 2002/06/20 15:34:58 UTC

JAAS support in Cocoon

Hello cocoon developers,

I want to use JAAS-based authentification in my web applications.
After inspecting the cocoon CVS-tree i noticed that there is no
kind of JAAS-support there.
Before i begin to implement JAAS support from scratch i want to ask if
someone has already made some efforts to support JAAS in Cocoon.

--
Andrei Svirida, Projekte & Entwicklung
MIDRAY GmbH - a debitel company

http://www.midray.com/

Re: JAAS support in Cocoon

Posted by Kevin O'Neill <ke...@rocketred.com.au>.
> As JBoss (http://www.jboss.org) provides JAAS-based authentication,
> maybe you can get closer to where you want to get by looking into JBoss
> 3.0+Tomcat plus Cocoon; it's just a hint - two days ago I tried running
> Cocoon in JBoss 3.0+Tomcat without immediate success :/

The head version runs with jboss 3.0, Jetty and cocoon out of the box
(except for the db based stuff due to two hsql dbs trying to run).

We've also been running jboss 2.4.4 tomcat (our own mbean) cocoon and
jass (actually authenticating against slide) for some time.

-k.

RE: JAAS support in Cocoon

Posted by Nick Airey <ni...@ihavemoved.com>.
That's interesting. If I understand you, you are running tomcat4.0.4b2
standalone - ie. not the jboss/tomcat bundle, and you have JAAS working.

I haven't been able to do this. What is the trick in getting tomcat &
jboss exchanging principal information?

(sorry that this is not a specifically cocoon question...)

RE: JAAS support in Cocoon

Posted by Artur Bialecki <ar...@digitalfairway.com>.

Re: JAAS support in Cocoon

Posted by Michael Hartle <mh...@hartle-klug.com>.