Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by John21042 <jl...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/23 23:11:33 UTC

simple client example RowOperations hangs in tableOperations().create(table)

I am a new Accumulo user, and I have installed Accumulo 1.5 on an Ubuntu
12.04 VirtualBox VM. The Accumulo instance seems to be operational, I can
login to the accumulo shell and run commands, and the Accumulo Overview page
@localhost:50095 seems to show everything is running.

I built the simple client example RowOperations.java

on the VM host machine using Eclipse, but when I try to run the example, it
hangs after it gets a connection

in the first command using the connector:

The accumulo/conf/accumulo-site.xml has instance.zookeeper.host set to
192.168.25.129:2181

I have changed the default accumulo/conf/slaves and masters to the VM IP
(192.168.25.129)

What is wrong with my config?

thank you,
-J

Re: simple client example RowOperations hangs in tableOperations().create(table)

Posted by John21042 <jl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Christopher,
I found the problem: I needed to set all of the accumulo conf entries that
were "localhost" to the actual IP address, and restart all of the daemons.
I thought I had done that, but I must have missed something, because after I
completely shut down the VM and restarted everything, the GrepCode accumulo
client RowOperations example worked fine.

And yes, I have the VirtualBox network adapter set to bridged, ssh
operational, and all firewalls set appropriately.

thank you,
-John

Re: simple client example RowOperations hangs in tableOperations().create(table)

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Does the example work outside of Eclipse?
What kind of VM network do you have set up? NAT? Have you checked that
you can route from the host to the guest? (try logging in to the guest
from the host using PuTTY or another ssh client).
Do you have a firewall turned on in the guest?

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii