Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jon <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/24 00:36:55 UTC

Where to begin?

Hi all,

I've been looking around the Tomcat site with a view to helping out in
some way. I have read up on Apache's way of doing things and have
downloaded and compiled the code (for Tomcat 7) in Eclipse. I've also
signed up to the lists and sorted out the different kinds of entries
that go to the dev list. This lead me to BugZilla where most things seem
to be answered already.

I've also had a look at the Tomcat Wiki. I'm not sure how this is meant
to be used or if it is used at all?

Is the project looking for help with the actual programming? If so I
would like to help, but would also like to help others get up and
running. As it stands the instructions are quite basic in this area.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any pointers as to where I could join in and
where I could make myself useful.

Regards,
Jon.

RE: Where to begin?

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Matthew Sacks [mailto:ntwrkd@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Where to begin?
>
> You might try TomcatExpert.com as an additional resource.

The OP is not asking for help, he's asking how he can help.

> Also, I believe this list should be going to the tomcat-users list,

No, the dev list is the appropriate place for this question.

To the OP: another person asked a very similar question recently, so you might want to look at this thread:

http://markmail.org/message/wj4fgg33vulkmkph

 - Chuck

Re: Where to begin?

Posted by Matthew Sacks <nt...@gmail.com>.
You might try TomcatExpert.com as an additional resource.
Also, I believe this list should be going to the tomcat-users list,
not the dev list, as a friendly reminder. The list moderator may be
able to speak to this better than I.

Hope this is helpful.

M.