Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org> on 2017/11/03 15:18:36 UTC

Re: Unable to sync Hive tables with users with ROLE as "ROLE_MODELER"

Hi, as I remember, only Admin role can import new tables to a project. I'm
not sure whether this behavior has change in latest version, but it worth a
try to switch to an admin user and then retry it.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋

Re: Unable to sync Hive tables with users with ROLE as "ROLE_MODELER"

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
This is a known limitation. Please help open a JIRA if you like to see
Modeler can import tables too.

It is the current design that only admin can import Hive tables, because
the imported Hive tables used to have a global impact, affecting all
model/cube under all projects. This is inconvenient for big enterprise, so
there is KYLIN-2717 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-2717> to
isolate imported table within project namespace.

Given KYLIN-2717 is done, we are ready to allow users other than admin to
import tables.

Cheers
Yang