Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Venkateswara Rachapudi <ve...@eaiesb.com> on 2017/07/17 09:38:33 UTC

Expression Language support in AmazonS3

Hello,
I saw that  Access Key and Secret key does not support expression language
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43646105/how-to-configure-nifi-puts3object-processor-to-use-flow-attributes-for-s3-creden

My question is why AmazonS3 Processor doesn’t support expression language where as I have configured the Access key and Secret Key using Expression Language for Azure Blob in NIFI.

Re: Expression Language support in AmazonS3

Posted by James Wing <jv...@gmail.com>.
The processors were written by different developers, at different times,
with different use cases in mind.  The end result is different approaches
to creating storage service client objects and managing credentials.
Although the current S3 processors are not designed with per-flowfile
expressions in mind, it would be possible to modify them to follow a
pattern more like the Azure Blob processors.

Thanks,

James