Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Kai Jiang <ji...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/06 15:30:31 UTC

[GSoC] Interested in GSoC 2017 ideas

Hi All,

I am Kai, a master student majoring in CS from Portland State University,
highly interested in Big data and Distributed System. I have contributed to
Apache Spark as a GSoC project last year.

I've been contributing to Geode codebase. Some my Pull Requests are here.(
https://github.com/apache/geode/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3Avectorijk+is%3Aclosed
)
Also, I did some experiments on last year GSoC idea (GEODE-194
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-194> Geode Spark Connector
does not support Spark 2.0) on my branch (
https://github.com/vectorijk/geode/commits/spark2). I would like to extend
my work with Geode as a GSoC project this year and look forward to writing
something meaningful and impactful.

Is there any Geode Committer who's going to sign up as a mentor for GSoC
this year? Maybe you could tell me about the projects you are going to
mentor and give me some suggestions about what issues I could fix now to
get involved. If community has anything else in mind, I am very willing to
work on some issues before GSoC and get started with something new during
GSoC.

Looking forward!

Best,
Kai Jiang
github.com/vectorijk

Re: [GSoC] Interested in GSoC 2017 ideas

Posted by Kai Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hitesh,

Thanks! I pretty like your ideas. Could I discuss more about the details of
your ideas offline?
I would like to write the proposal right away since the application of GSoC
will start very soon (Mar 20th).

Looking forward!

Best,
Kai

Welcome, and thanks for your interest!  We have one committer interested in mentoring so far (Hitesh Khamesra <hiteshk25@yahoo.com <ma...@yahoo.com>>) .  Please feel free to reach out to the community for help or questions.  Best of luck to you!

Posted by Kai Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.
@Anthony,

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Kai,