Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by St...@wellsfargo.com on 2013/02/01 22:57:33 UTC

Not enough replicas???

I need to offer my profound thanks to this community which has been so helpful in trying to figure this system out.

I've setup a simple ring with two nodes and I'm trying to insert data to them.  I get failures 100% with this error:

me.prettyprint.hector.api.exceptions.HUnavailableException: : May not be enough replicas present to handle consistency level.

I'm not doing anything fancy - this is just from setting up the cluster following the basic instructions from datastax for a simple one data center cluster.  My config is basically the default except for the changes they discuss (except that I have configured for my IP addresses... my two boxes are .126 and .127)

cluster_name: 'MyDemoCluster'
num_tokens: 256
seed_provider:
  - class_name: org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleSeedProvider
    parameters:
         - seeds: "10.28.205.126"
listen_address: 10.28.205.126
rpc_address: 0.0.0.0
endpoint_snitch: RackInferringSnitch

Nodetool shows both nodes active in the ring, status = up, state = normal.

For the CF:

   ColumnFamily: SystemEvent
     Key Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type
     Default column value validator: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type
     Columns sorted by: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type
     GC grace seconds: 864000
     Compaction min/max thresholds: 4/32
     Read repair chance: 0.1
     DC Local Read repair chance: 0.0
     Replicate on write: true
     Caching: KEYS_ONLY
     Bloom Filter FP chance: default
     Built indexes: [SystemEvent.IdxName]
     Column Metadata:
       Column Name: eventTimeStamp
         Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.DateType
       Column Name: name
         Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type
         Index Name: IdxName
         Index Type: KEYS
     Compaction Strategy: org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.SizeTieredCompactionStrategy
     Compression Options:
       sstable_compression: org.apache.cassandra.io.compress.SnappyCompressor

Any ideas?

RE: Not enough replicas???

Posted by St...@wellsfargo.com.
Sweet!  That worked!  THANK YOU!

Stephen Thompson
Wells Fargo Corporation
Internet Authentication & Fraud Prevention
704.427.3137 (W) | 704.807.3431 (C)

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information, and is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

Posted by Tyler Hobbs <ty...@datastax.com>.

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>