Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Anita Nair (UST, IND)" <An...@ust-global.com> on 2014/02/06 08:27:55 UTC

RE: Indexing multiple files in Lucene Solr

Hi Solr team,

I am trying to look for a solution for indexing multiple text files with the same unique key, in Lucene.

Is there a way to do this?

Saw a posting in the mail archives (below), but I wonder if a solution was given to the users.

Kindly respond ,

Anita Nair

________________________________
Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Sure you can,

Use overwrite flag in your update messages, as per
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages
Or have a different key (e.g. signature) nominated as your unique key.

The issue is if you just allow duplicates all together, do you want to
be able to delete a particular single document, even if there several
duplicates of it in the index?

Regards,
   Alex.
at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)