Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Martin Riedlberger <Ma...@4a-solutions.de> on 2006/09/18 17:12:00 UTC

cactus with ant

    Hello,

I have a question which may be simple, but I'm an new cactus user and
didn't find the right information yet.
I use cactus with Tomcat 5.5 with ant 1.6.5. The tomcat5x-Task requires
the tomcat installation directory, where it puts the cactified war to
and starts the server. Is it also possible to a use a running server
without the file based deploying?

Re: cactus with ant

Posted by Buhi Mume <mu...@gmail.com>.
I tried to deploy/run the servlet example, bundled in the Cactus
binary distribution, against a running target container but it failed.
The target container needs to be not running.

See "Running the Cactus Tests" on
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/ant/howto_ant_cactus.html.

Buhi