Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu> on 2000/07/20 21:33:34 UTC

Does Tomcat 3.2b2 work on Windows 2000 with JDK 1.3?

I'm wondering if anyone else has been able to get Tomcat 3.2b2 to run on
Windows 2000 with JDK 1.3?

For some reason I'm getting the following error. I have it working fine on
Solaris 7.

If I run startup.bat, it just opens and closes the second DOS window real
quickly.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Jon

C:\jakarta-tomcat3.2b2\bin>tomcat run
Using CLASSPATH:
C:\jakarta-tomcat3.2b2\classes;C:\jakarta-tomcat3.2b2\lib\ant.j
ar;C:\jakarta-tomcat3.2b2\lib\jasper.jar;C:\jakarta-tomcat3.2b2\lib\jaxp.jar
;C:\
jakarta-tomcat3.2b2\lib\parser.jar;C:\jakarta-tomcat3.2b2\lib\servlet.jar;C:
\jak
arta-tomcat3.2b2\lib\webserver.jar;.\;C:\Sybase\ASEP\Monclass.zip;C:\Sybase\
ASEP
\3pclass.zip;C:\jswdk-1.0.1\lib\servlet.jar;C:\gnu.regexp-1.0.8\lib\gnu-rege
xp-1
.0.8.jar;C:\Program
Files\Sybase\jConnect\classes\jconn2.jar;J:\lib;C:\weblogic\
mssqlserver4v70\classes;C:\weblogic\mssqlserver4v70\license;C:\inetsoftware\
Opta
2000.jar;C:\cracklib\classes;C:\jcsi_v1.0b1\jars\jcsi.jar;C:\jdk1.3\lib\tool
s.ja
Files\Sybase\jConnect
\classes\jconn2/jar;J:\lib;C:\weblogic\mssqlserver4v70\classes;C:\weblogic\m
ssql
server4v70\license;C:\inetsoftware\Opta2000/jar;C:\cracklib\classes;C:\jcsi_
v1/0
b1\jars\jcsi/jar;C:\jdk1/3\lib\tools/jar
C:\jakarta-tomcat3.2b2\bin>

Re: db2 apache

Posted by Chong Yu Meng <cy...@cyberway.com.sg>.
Hi Brian :

I had the same problem with DB2v5.2 beta on Linux, but the problem was in
the CLASSPATH. I found something rather strange -- if I move the db2java.zip
to the same location as my classes.zip and specified it inside the
CLASSPATH, I got my java programs to load the class libraries (and the
driver) -- no problems. What version DB2 are you using ?

Regards,
Chong Yu Meng

Posted by Sven van 't Veer <sv...@vip.br>.

"Brian Seery(Esat)" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to use Java Servlets/JDBC with Apache Web Server/JServ to
> connect to DB2. This is running on UNIX AIX.
>

> Any help I would be really grateful
I don't know why, But it's a JServ problem. Works fine in tomcat.

sven

Sven van 't Veer					      http://www.cachoeiro.net
Java Developer	         					    sven@cachoeiro.net
                                        _/_
The answer                             /   \
    to the ultimate question        nnn|.
.|nnn                                     42

db2 apache