Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Chen Junfeng <k-...@hotmail.com> on 2016/07/28 06:58:09 UTC

Storm UI metrics data is cleared sometimes

Hi buddies,

I find the storm ui statistic data will be cleared automatically after running for a while.
Some emitted and transferred counts are reset to zero while some components are not.
Did anyone meet the same problem?

Re: Storm UI metrics data is cleared sometimes

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
Chen,

Upcoming Storm 1.1.0 is addressing such concerns on current metrics feature.
Async metrics consumer bolt will minimize performance affection while
metrics consumer doesn't keep up, and you can apply filter by metrics name
to get rid of metrics which you are not interested.

It uses metrics consumer, so you still need to prepare external storage DB
and relevant metrics consumer implementation. There's a popular pair on
Graphite and verisign/storm-graphite, and upcoming Ambari 2.4 will have
Storm metrics consumer for Ambari Metrics System.

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

2016년 8월 1일 (월) 오후 7:06, Chen Junfeng <k-...@hotmail.com>님이 작성:

答复: Storm UI metrics data is cleared sometimes

Posted by Chen Junfeng <k-...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks, Jungtaek.

2016? 7? 28? (?) ?? 3:58, Chen Junfeng <k-...@hotmail.com>>?? ??:

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.