Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net> on 2006/08/24 03:45:06 UTC

Closing dialogs

A dialog can be launched purely through navigation configuration, as in

<navigation-rule>
   <navigation-case>
     <from-outcome>dialog:blah</from-outcome>
     <to-view-id>/some/view</to-view-id>
   </navigation-case>
</navigation-rule>

A dialog is initiated based on the from-outcome having the
appropriate prefix; no Java code is required. As far as I can tell,
that's not true for terminating a dialog, though; you have to call
RequestContext.returnFromDialog() from somewhere.

Is that correct? Or is there a 'magic' outcome that can be used to do
this implicitly, as in something like

If there isn't, would this be worth adding?

L.
--
Laurie Harper
Open Source advocate, Java geek: http://www.holoweb.net/laurie

Re: Closing dialogs

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I am just uploading the *new* homepage.
that has more infos on lot's of Trinidad stuff

Re: Closing dialogs

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
here is what you want, directly from Trinidad ;)

http://incubator.apache.org/adffaces/devguide/dialogs.html

-Matthias

Re: Closing dialogs

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
On 8/23/06, Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net> wrote:

> On 24-Aug-06, at 1:45 AM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> > oh yes,
> >
> > that is very specific to my use case.
> > I create a user during my wizard and return it on the last page.
> > that's all (I use the processScope here, not a must)
> >
> > returnFromDialog() works too.
>
> I was looking for a way to terminate a dialog via a navigation rule,
> though (or at least without needing to explicitly reference something
> that calls returnFromDialog()).

Nope, this is not currently available.  tr:returnActionListener
is what you need.

A navigation rule wouldn't be enough, because it isn't
just returning from the dialog, it's returning with a property.
I guess we could have some sort of EL-navigation hybrid,
like:

  <outcome>return:#{foo.bar}<outcome>

-- Adam

Re: Closing dialogs