Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2008/09/24 21:51:11 UTC

[mime4j] Unused sream classes

Folks

There is a few classes that appear unused anywhere in the main code
line:

* LineBreakingOutputStream
* CloseShieldInputStream
* PositionInputStream
* PartialInputStream

Besides, I personally would rather expect such classes to be provided by
a generic IO library such as Commons IO. All of them seem to be out of
scope for mime4j IMHO.

Would anyone really miss them? Would it be okay to remove them from
mime4j? Less code, less room for bugs.

Oleg

Re: [mime4j] Unused sream classes

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 8:51 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> Folks
>
> There is a few classes that appear unused anywhere in the main code
> line:
>
> * LineBreakingOutputStream
> * CloseShieldInputStream
> * PositionInputStream
> * PartialInputStream
>
> Besides, I personally would rather expect such classes to be provided by
> a generic IO library such as Commons IO. All of them seem to be out of
> scope for mime4j IMHO.
>
> Would anyone really miss them? Would it be okay to remove them from
> mime4j? Less code, less room for bugs.

i wouldn't object to their removal. i'll deprecated them in 0.5.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MIME4J-82

- robert