Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Durham <da...@scott.af.mil> on 2004/08/19 15:36:52 UTC

Re: configuration violating J2EE spec? [Auf Viren geprüft]

Frerk.Meyer@Edeka.de wrote:

> You may combine mod_rewrite and mod_proxy in Apache and do all kinds of
> wunderful and
> strange URL mangling things:

That's all well and good, so long (AFAIK) as the original client's
request is maintained when the servlet is called.  Otherwise, as a
servlet developer, I have to provide some other interface (e.g., a
properties file containing the actual client scheme, port number,
etc.).  That's not a good solution because it duplicates parts of the
request interface.

I'm wondering if Oracle will get it right with 10g(as?).  10g is free
for developer use and I could easily check.  Anyone interested?

- Dave