Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Shan Syed <sh...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/26 04:28:03 UTC

caching question

If I apply a cache model to a SELECT function in my config, but don't call
this function directly through my Java code - rather as a "subselect"
through a resultMap, will the result of that subselect still be cached?

Re: caching question

Posted by Aram Mkhitaryan <ar...@googlemail.com>.
The subselect is still full functional select,
I think it doesn't matter where it is called, I mean It should be so!

To be sure ...
You can switch logging on and see if it puts your object in the cache,
If it does, it will log a message that your object is putted in the cache,
and when you reselect your object it will log that the object is got from
the cache.

Best,
Aram
Aram Mkhitaryan