Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by "Serge A. Salamanka" <se...@active.by> on 2012/06/16 21:05:13 UTC

need CloudBridge service on the same port as ec2.amazonaws.com

Hello everyone,
I've setup CloudBridge server in our CloudStack v2.x installation to use with BOSH (CloudFoundry).
The problem is BOSH uses AWS CPI by default and everywhere in source code the amazon endpoint ec2.amazonaws.com is hardcoded.
The aws-sdk and other code is contacting ec2.amazonaws.com on port 80 either 443.
I wonder why the CloudBridge server is running on port 8090 ???
I came up to a solution to run CloudBridge on port 80 and use ssl 443 to make the endpoint configuration transparent with Amazon EC2.
Is there any reasons and obstacles not to do so?

--
Best regards,
Serge A. Salamanka

Re: need CloudBridge service on the same port as ec2.amazonaws.com

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.
Personally, I think it would be a good idea to fix BOSH, as non-standard
ports are commonplace.  Have you tried raising a github issue with them,
yet?

-A