Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Srikanth Kandula <ka...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/28 03:00:51 UTC

A simple HTTP transport?

Hi,

I am wondering whether there is a simple way to use http as the transport
without putting up a web server?

For example, when clients speak using THttpClient, is there an easy way to
parse these messages at the server?

It seems that all we need is a processor on the server that eats the http
request and headers out of the input stream before handing off the rest to
the actual processors. It would also have to tunnel responses back via
http.  Am I missing something?

Cheers,
-Srikanth

Re: A simple HTTP transport?

Posted by Justin Porterfield <ju...@gmail.com>.
Here also is an example from the Ruby test specs:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=thrift.git;a=blob;f=lib/rb/spec/thin_http_server_spec.rb;hb=HEAD

Justin Porterfield

Re: A simple HTTP transport?

Posted by Roger Meier <ro...@bufferoverflow.ch>.